VIA .json Loading
VIA .json Loading Guide
Occasionally a keyboard has support for VIA, but has not yet been added into the official VIA database. To get around this, a .json can be used to give VIA the data needed for remapping.
Links and downloads for this guide
If you are using this guide for a different PCB, you will need the .json for that specific keyboard
Step 1: Open VIA
- Open VIA
- On the top right of the VIA interface, press the settings tab
- Toggle the show design tab
- Click the new design tab, and load in the .json you downloaded
Step 2: Load the .json - Once the file has been selected, open it in VIA. - Your page should now look like this:
Step 3: Click the configure tab in the top left
- Once the .json has been loaded, click the configure tab and you should see your keyboard with the correct keymap
- You are now ready to remap your keyboard!
- To view different layers, click on the layer button in the top left of the interface to navigate between all your layers. You can only view one layer at a time.
- To change lighting effects and colors, click the lighting tab in the bottom left of the interface.
- It is highly recommended to save your layout once everything is rebound to your liking. This will make future edits much quicker.